Borrow from another library
Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state and nation. If you can't find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you get it from another library.
Inter-library Loan allows our Library to have access to books from any participating library in Iowa.
How to Inter-Library Loan a Book
- First check our OPAC (online catalog) to make sure we do not already own the book. If we own it we will gladly place a reserve on it for you. If we don't, ask one of the staff members to try and locate the book for you. We would need the title and author, your name and a way to reach you (preferably local number or email).
- Often it takes less than a week to get the book in. To be on the safe side always come in early especially if you need a book for a certain time period.
- The length of time a book is on loan is left up to the discretion of the library loaning the book. On average it is three weeks. Some library do allow renewals. To renew an Inter-Library Loan please call us and we will see if it is possible.
Fees: The library is now charging for the ILL service to help with postage costs
- All patrons are charged $2.00 per item.
- Anyone who fails to pick up a requested item, after being notified of its availability, will be charged the maximum fee allowed by Iowa Library Services.