Your Library Card
Cards will be issued to all individuals wanting to use the Manson Public Library. This includes residents of the City of Manson, Calhoun County and anyone who qualifies through the Open Access Program of the State Library of Iowa.
An application form will be filled out by all individuals applying for a library card. Included in the application information is a statement of responsibility. The patron must sign the form, as well as a parent or guardian for minors, and by doing so accepts responsibility for all materials checked out on that number.
- New card holders will be asked for a current form of ID.
It is recommended that children be able to write their own name before obtaining a card. Under 17 years of age requires a parental signature.
None is charged for initial card.
- Replacement cards are available for $1.00, to cover the cost of the printed card and barcode with protector.
Cards must be renewed every three years. Cards showing no use in the past year will be deleted. Cards with use will be automatically renewed, if patron still meets requirements.
- Check outs are limited to 2 items for the first 30 days or until a good standing status has been verified by circulation records.
- No Interlibrary Loan requests will be filled until the good standing can be verified.
- After suspended privileges are reinstated, check out will be limited to 1 item at a time until a good standing is reestablished.
All person removing library materials from the building, in any format, must have a valid borrower card with current information.
It is the responsibility of the borrower to notify the library of any changes in contact information.